Friday, May 7, 2010

skateboarder Ryan Sheckler: Lakers are my boys

by: Nina Mandell

With his MTV show "Life of Ryan" long behind him, Ryan Sheckler, has been all skateboarding lately. But there is one thing that can distract him: the Los Angeles Lakers.

Ryan Sheckler
Noel Vasquez/Getty ImagesRyan Sheckler loves skateboarding and watching his Los Angeles Lakers.

"Lakers are my boys!" he said. "I'm 100 percent the biggest Kobe fan on the planet. I text him after every game to tell him what's up."

Sheckler, in case you missed the MTV show that chronicled his life, is a 20-year-old pro skateboarding phenom. At 13, he burst onto the scene and won three consecutive titles at the Dew Tour.

And while he's parlayed that success into charity ventures, a clothing line and endorsements, he's not above being gaga over his favorite hoops team.

The feeling, it seems, is mutual, according to Sheckler.

"He always texts me back," he said. "Sometimes even when he's in the locker room still. He's a good guy."

When they're not talking hoops, Sheckler said he and Bryant chat business. "He's a great business mogul, I'm trying to a business mogul myself," Sheckler said, "and he's definitely just a good dude."

When he's not cheering on his hometown squad, Sheckler said he's enjoying life off the reality show and just psyched for the upcoming Dew Tour, which starts up next month in Boston.

His favorite stop?

Las Vegas, of course.

"I'm going to skate my [expletive] off," he promised. "It's a good atmosphere. Vegas is always fun."


source:

ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment